Winter


The library in our condo is always abandoned, and the gym's thriving at all hours. If the situation were reversed, I'd be happy to use either; but as it stands, I steer clear of both. 


Instead, I walk a kilometer to the next nearest library, and feel like I've had a decent workout along the way. 

Last Wednesday, it stormed furiously through the day. By the time I walked to the library at noon, the snow had piled up neatly, and no attempt had been made to rein it in yet. No salt splashes, no brown slush marks, just a sea of white for the entire kilometer. 

Midweek, midday, everyone else seemed happy to stay cocooned in their offices. The roads were empty, there were maybe thirty people out, and any noise they made was lost in the snow.

It was magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment